Archival & Special Collections – University of Guelph Library
The University of Guelph’s McLaughlin Library Scottish collection is one of the finest in the world. The majority of it is accessible on the second floor of the McLaughlin Library. Archival materials, special collections, and rare books may be used only in our Reading Room; however, the Scottish circulating collections are also available close by on the second floor.
More information about the collections is available on the library’s web site at https://www.lib.uoguelph.ca/find/find-type-resource/archival-special-collections/scottish-studies.
The papers below provide a precis of referenced collections, a description of the holdings, and a description of public access. Download each individual document (.PDF) to read more.
We gratefully acknowledge the permission of the Archival & Special Collections department of the University of Guelph’s McLaughlin Library to reproduce their copyrighted materials.
- Scottish Collection
- Genealogy Resources
- Genealogy Websites
- Scottish Studies Collections – Overview of collections
- Major Archival Collections & Papers – Scottish Studies Collection
- Jacobite Collection
- Lizars Collection
- Foulis Press
- Pioneer Collection
- Scottish Chapbooks
- Scottish Church and Religious History
- Scottish Emigration
- Scottish Family and Clan History
- Scottish Rural and Agricultural Studies
- Scottish Topography, Local and Regional
- Treaty of Union and Darien Experiment